Emailcash Pro Ad

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Art of Durian Eating...

It's been quite some times since I ate durian and over this CNY my parents brought me a souvenir in the shape of a durian from Sarikei. That's my hometown. Anyway i decided to take photographs to document the art of opening and eating a durian. So this is basically an illustrated story of sorts... Firstly a closer look of the fruit.




There it is, in its full glory. Mwahahahahahaha... Ok enough of the psycho durian man. On to the next step. Since I've only got a small little knife to help me in my task, I'm forced to make multiple cuts into the fruit to form one long incision. The picture below shows the incision I've made with the knife.




Finally after much slashing and jabbing, I manage to make an incision deep enough for me to pry open the fruit. Voila!!!




In the picture above you can see the knife used to cut open the durian. This warrants a closer look at the durian for any pests that might attempt to deprive you of this gastronomic delight.




Looks safe to me. Well on to the good part. Yummm... As you can see I only manage to devour 6 'seedlings' as I was rather full from dinner.




However you can always keep durians in the fridge to be eaten at a later date. And so I 'harvested' all the durians from its shell and all that remains is its shell.




Here's a sinful temptation for all you durian lovers out there. Doesn't it just look so goooooooood??? To tell you honestly, it taste and smells even better...




Ahhhhhh... Finally coming to an end to my durian journey. Unfortunately only your sense of sight was fulfilled in this journey. Bear in mind that the pictures above does not do justice to the taste and smell of the fruit itself. Even after washing my hands, the wonderful aroma of the durian can still be smelt on my fingers. *Sigh*...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good description of durian eating. Honestly, at one point while reading ur description, I could actually taste it in my watering mouth. Oh! How I miss the King Fruit! Can't wait to go home to eat it!! I remembered, I used to get so excited when my mom bought the fruit or when my uncles in malaysia got them. Just can't wait to savour it bit by bit..mmmmmmmmm :P Crysteen