Emailcash Pro Ad

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Sunday, September 16, 2007

night owl...

It's 4.45am in the morning and I'm still in the office. On top of that it's a Saturday night. I've finished what I needed to do about an hour ago. However I'm too cheapskate to take a cab home alone so I'm waiting on another colleague to finish up so that we can share the cab. Listening to songs on my laptop whilst surfing around on super fast internet. Too bad nobody to call at this ungodly hour if not that would have been another thing to do. Probably by now most people would be on the way home after a heavy night of partying. On the other hand I'm typing this blog with my brain half-dead and not necessarily looking forward to the 9-5pm CPA workshop I have tomorrow. After that I would be catching Evan Almighty at the cinemas with a group of friends. A relatively nice and relaxing way to enjoy the Sunday except that I'm afraid I might not have the energy to enjoy it. Haha.

I'm so looking forward to moving out of my current place and into my new place on 1st October. It's not just the addition of the aircon but also the much suited (to me) living environment. Living with people with whom you can relate to is much better than living in a somewhat gilded bird cage, whereby it may look cheap and good but it's not all it's hyped up to be. I used to say, Why pay for things which you can get for free? Then I told that to a colleague one day and he replied, But what you get for free may not always be good. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Not sure how that's related but it's true. A lot of the times in life, you pay more you get better stuff. It's a luxury not all can afford but if you can then it's better. For example, you buy a Mercedes, it's resale value later on is much higher than let's say a Toyota. No doubt you're paying more for the Merc now but hey it's more comfortable and it'll last you longer. This is of course typical for an accountant to think this way, in terms of depreciation. But like I mentioned before, not everyone can afford a Merc so at some point of time we realise that we have to live within our means. What you're willing to pay and what you'll get for it. Despite this I think we should all try to live life to the max. Push ourselves harder and farther. Work hard and play hard. Try things we've never tried before, do things we've never done before and go where we've never been before. Life outside our comfort zone. C'est la vie...

1 comment:

lousy said...

wow...sounds so deep tat u giving out a lecture on life..